Shoalhaven Emergency Services Community Awards
Four Rotary Clubs in the Shoalhaven - Berry, Bomaderry, Milton-Ulladulla and Nowra- are pleased to promote the "Shoalhaven Emergency Services Community Awards”.
Mayor of Shoalhaven and Patron - Amanda Findley, representatives of Shoalhaven Rotary Clubs and local Emergency Service organisations launch the Shoalhaven Emergency Awards on 4 April 2019. These awards will now become an Annual Event that will feed into the NSW State and National awards.
In keeping with Rotary’s motto of “Service Above Self”, the Awards acknowledge community service of NSW Police and Emergency Services personnel in the Shoalhaven; with profits, if any, applied to:
- Australian Rotary Health - PhD Research Scholarship investigating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in Emergency Services Personnel; and
- Local community projects to be determined by the participating Rotary Clubs.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
While individual services have specific internal awards, the Shoalhaven Emergency Services Community Awards (SESCA) is the only time that New South Wales Emergency Services personnel, both paid and volunteer, are recognised in a combined awards program in this local government area. This program contributes directly to the State awards program.
These awards are supported by the Minister for Emergency Services, the Police Commissioner and all six New South Wales Emergency Service Commissioners. The Commissioners have delegated their support to their respective local government area representatives.
These Awards are open to all Shoalhaven-based personnel, both paid and volunteer, from the NSW Police and Emergency Service Agencies in the Shoalhaven:
· Fire and Rescue New South Wales
· New South Wales Rural Fire Service
· Marine Rescue New South Wales
· New South Wales State Emergency Service
· New South Wales Ambulance
· New South Wales Police Force
While the NSW Police have a separate Rotary award, they will become a part of this scheme in the Shoalhaven, with the winner going into the State Police Rotary Award.
This is the first year that the Awards have been organised in the Shoalhaven local government area, the category winners of which will automatically go forward as nominees for the respective State Awards.
We are very honoured to have the Mayor of the Shoalhaven as Patron of the Awards and Dr Peter Taylor as the project’s official Ambassador. Peter is a past winner at State level for Marine Rescue NSW.
Sponsors and Supporters
In this inaugural year, we are pleased to have:
Gold Partner: 2ST/PowerFM
Silver Partners: Shoalhaven City Council and Vincentia Dental Care
Our supporters are Nowra Printing Company and Bomaderry Bowling Club.
The SESCA management team sincerely thanks all of these organisations for partnering with us to bring about the fruition of the program.
The Awards Dinner is on at the Bomaderry Bowling Club on Wednesday, 28August 2019. Please contact Phil Presgrave 0407 625 855 to reserve a table.
- Gathering 6:30pm for 7pm start
- RSVP to reserve a table of 10 by Tuesday, 20Aug19 5pm
- Cost $40 per head
- Two course dinner
- Entertainment by a Lin Fowler Memorial Rotary Music Scholarship winner from the Shoalhaven Eisteddfod
- Announcement of the Awards finalists
- Announcement of the six Category Winners – i.e. one winner for each of the Police and the five (5) Emergency Service Agencies in the Shoalhaven
- Major Winners:
NSW Police 'Sworn' Officer of the Year
NSW Police 'Unsworn' of the Year
Shoalhaven Emergency Service Officer of the Year - Volunteer
Shoalhaven Emergency Service Officer of the Year - Paid capacity
Sponsors of the "Shoalhaven Emergency Services Community Awards”
Gold Partner - 2ST/Power FM Silver Partners SCC & Vincentia Dental Care
These Awards are also supported by: