Andrew Bevan Promotes Rotary Foundation
Andrew’s presentation time was limited at our last meeting; however, in a previous presentation to Rotary Nowra, as a Centurion Ambassador, Andrew explained...
Many Rotarians don’t fully understand that the Foundation is Rotary International's only charity and as a consequence only 21% of Rotarians personally support the Foundation.
He said that the Foundation gives tremendous humanitarian support all around the world through its Global/District Grants and Scholarship programs and is a driving force behind the successful Polio Eradication Campaign that has been well promoted over recent years.
Every individual Rotarian can simply and inexpensively support the foundation through the Centurion Program. He said that a donation of $100/year or $2/week makes a Rotarian a 'Centurion' and demonstrated the clever money box that facilitates this $2/week contribution.
Andrew said that the benefits of being a Centurion are that
- Your contributions are tax deductible.
- Your contribution goes to the annual fund of the Rotary Foundation.
- Your contribution earns you Paul Harris points
- 50% of your contribution comes back to the District in three years to support programs that support our club.
- You are awarded a Centurion Pin in the first year and a certificate in each year you make the $100 contribution.
- The personal satisfaction of supporting our charity, The Rotary Foundation.
Rotary Nowra makes significant annual contributions to the Foundation through its Polio Plus and other fund raising events.
In 2016-17, the Board decided to make an additional contribution to the Foundation, on behalf of each new member that joins the Club, to induct them into the Centurion program.
At the end of the meeting Andrew presented Centurion pins to the new 2020 Rotary Nowra members.